blur me, i left in a hurry and left not only container but also camera at home! ): is okay, i used jess camera to snap photos and definitely photography skills can be improved! :D the rest of them have camera and took really nice photos! hop over to edith and cathy's blog and see. those savoury treats still lingers . . (:
i baked mango cheesecake, jelly heart and fried nian gao that's inspired by wendy (: the nian gao was homemade by my aunt so is a softer and not so sweet version (: also, i used 2 types of sweet potato together. the orange ones is the jap sweet potato and the green ones is the indonesia sweet potato. the green ones, after frying, it became really "melted" and i like it more than the orange one (:
my aunt uses such big pack of flour!
my aunt made the bean paste for ang ku kueh
my aunt cooling the nian gao
Nian Gao Sweet Potato Rolls
500g sweet potato
Nian Gao, cut into stripsSpring Roll Pastry
Cornflour, mix with water
1. Slice sweet potato and steam until cooked(soft).2. Mash sweet potato while it’s still hot
1. Place wrapper onto a flat surface
2. Place 1 tbsp of sweet potato filling onto wrapper, lightly spread it out.3. Place 1 pc of nian gao onto sweet potato and wrap (see pictures)
4. Put a drop of cornflour mixture after rolling up.
5. Fry the prepared rolls in medium- medium low heat until golden.
*note: cover the pastry with a warm, damp towel to prevent the skin from turning hard
there's another type of 50 pcs spring roll pastry but is smaller piece
fried nian gao. super crispy fresh from the wok!
next, im submitting this to ASPIRING BAKERS #4 LOVE IN THE AIR hosted by ellena.